Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Possible Topps Cognac Hot Box???

I'm nine packs in and have already pulled ten cognac diamond parallels from my 2011 Topps Update Series box. The stated odds of getting one is 1 out of every 3 packs. Anyone hear anything about cognac hot boxes? I mean, aside from a cognac hot box being outlawed (even between two non-same-sex, consenting adults) in 65 of Alabama's 67 counties?

This is good for you guys, because Trade Me Anything V (Can you believe it? 5!!!) is right around the corner, and the cognac parallels will make up a large part of what's available for trade.

8 comments:

TheBrooklynMet said...

Woo hoo! I hope to stake my claim to some Mets.

ThingsareFunnerHere said...

I'd love to stake claim to some Phillies...especially the players in my collection...

Retrofan said...

I would like to have first dibs on the Jays.

dayf said...

My first 5 packs of Update all had at least 2 Liquorfracters per pack. I was the first person to actually open them at the store and we all thought it was a hot box too. The box calmed down after that. I bought 6 more packs and got 5 Gold cards in those. Update is just lousy with parallels.

VW: bandrapy
Is that like analrapy for musicians?

cynicalbuddha said...

I don't know about regular hobby, but in jumbo boxes they fall about 5 per pack from all series.

Play at the Plate said...

Rangers?

BASEBALL DAD said...

I would be interested in the Indians

paulie3jobs said...

If Paul O'Neill is one, count me in.