Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Trade Me Anything V Has Arrived!


Five. It's the number Michael Jordan reached before he said, "Hey, why not one more?" Yes, this if the fifth annual installment of Trade Me Anything! It's the special time of year when you can trade me literally anything for some of the extras in my hobby box of 2011 Topps Update Series. This year was the year of the Cognac Diamond parallel. In my box of 36 packs I received 44 of these, and I'm only keeping three of them. In addition to these, I'd go so far as to say that the quality of cards I'm offering for trade is the highest it's ever been. Before we get to that, though, let's first do a quick rundown of what I'm keeping.

*Base cards
*Dynamic Duos
*Topps 60
*Gumball Minis
*Platinum Diamond Parallels (I have the feeling that these will soon become dime box fodder, and I'll slowly build this set for the rest of my life.)
*For some strange reason, ToppsTown
*The Autograph (Saving that one for its own post, so you know it's either really good or really bad.)
*These three Cognac parallels:
Yogi Berra

Yovani Gallardo

Yovor Hoffman


Here's what will be included in Trade Me Anything, along with a short rationale.
*The aforementioned Cognac Diamond Parallels (I guess I never really read closely enough to understand that these were going to include parallels of Series 1 and Series 2 cards as well as Update cards. And I'd further imagine that no fewer than 30,000 blog posts have already been written about this. I clearly need to pay closer attention, and not just to the subtle differences between McDonald's Double Cheeseburger and its McDouble.)
*All of my Gold Parallels (#/2011), except the one below (These I've always been keeping for myself. They just get thrown into my serial numbered card binder, and there they sit, only occasionally making their way into a trade, but really making nobody happy. I suppose it's too much to expect a two-way relationship between man and mass-produced card, but I just feel like we should see other people, you know?)
*Two base cards (Yeah, I only got two doubles this year. Hey, how 'bout that.)

And here's where shit gets real:
*My single Black-Bordered Parallel (#/60) (Yeah, you'd better send me something NICE if you claim this one.)
*My single Hope Diamond (Blue) Parallel (#/60) (Yeah, you need to send me something really, really, FUCKING NICE if you claim this bad boy.)

Here's what you do:
1. Check out the list of available cards below. Select one (or a couple) you want. Just remember, the more you claim, the better your trade material should be.
2. Send me an email with your choice of card at bill13boehm@yahoo.com
3. I will reply to you as to the card's availability. First come, first serve. I will include my mailing address.
4. When I confirm the card of your choice, pick out one or more of your own cards or anything else you want to send me. A few guidelines about what you can't send: Nothing that should really be in the garbage, nothing perishable, and nothing illegal. (Notice I didn't say nothing immoral.)
5. Send me whatever is was you picked out. Don't tell me what it is before you send it, I'd like to have it be a surprise! Include a SASE or you won't be getting your card.
6. When I receive your item, I will take a picture of the trade materials and post the happy couple on my blog, and then I will send you the card.

AVAILABLE CARDS (Cards in BOLD have already been claimed.)

Base:
255 Allen Craig - Cardinals
290 Sean Burroughs - Diamondbacks

Black-Bordered Parallel (#/60):
182 Ronny Paulino - Mets

Hope Diamond Parallel (#/60):
444 (Series 2) Brett Cecil - Blue Jays

Gold Parallel (#/2011):
4 Brian McCann - Braves
20 Adrian Gonzalez - Red Sox
75 Gio Gonzalez - A's
78 David Ortiz Home Run Derby - Red Sox
91 Brandon League All-Star - Mariners
131 Jeff Keppinger - Giants
173 Charlie Furbush RC - Mariners
174 Jacob Turner RC - Tigers
202 Derrek Lee - Pirates
207 Jay Bruce All-Star - Reds
305 Carlos Beltran - Giants
306 Brandon Phillips All-Star - Reds
329 Dee Gordon RC - Dodgers

Cognac Diamond Parallel:
Series 1
119 Jason Bay - Mets
199 Jimmy Rollins - Phillies
220 Todd Helton - Rockies
245 Neil Walker - Pirates
270 Ubaldo Jimenez - Rockies
Series 2
336 Chris Heisey - Reds
342 Jorge De La Rosa - Rockies
369 Wilson Betemit - Royals
372 Jarrod Saltalamacchia - Red Sox
377 Esmil Rogers - Rockies
389 Carlos Quentin - White Sox
409 Vin Mazzaro -Royals
430 Trevor Crowe - Indians
443 Brian Roberts - Orioles
445 Mitch Talbot - Indians
455 Logan Morrison - Marlins
464 Daniel Bard - Red Sox
474 Jeff Mathis - Angels
497 Alex Avila - Tigers
505 Tommy Hanson - Braves
508 Homer Bailey - Reds
513 Adam LaRoche - Nationals
537 Jake Peavy - White Sox
558 Carlos Zambrano -Cubs
575 Rod Barajas - Dodgers
632 Scott Kazmir - Angels
651 Kendrys Morales - Angels
Update Series
43 Carlos Quentin All-Star - White Sox
85 Roy Halladay All-Star - Phillies
91 Brandon League All-Star - Mariners
130 David Robertson All-Star - Yankees
134 Michael Bourn - Braves
140 Clayton Kershaw All-Star - Dodgers
192 Mike Moustakas RC - Royals
202 Derrek Lee - Pirates
230 Miguel Cabrera All-Star - Tigers
248 Octavio Dotel - Cardinals
249 Starlin Castro All-Star - Cubs
252 Derek Jeter 3K Magical Milestone Moment - Yankees (Honestly, you need to come correct if you claim this one, too.)
287 Matt Joyce All-Star - Rays
292 Mike Adams - Rangers

Okay, there they are, take your pick(s) and scrounge around to find the anything you wish to send. Don't be greedy, just take what you need and scoot down the buffet line towards the fruit punch fountain. I'd appreciate it if you could take a look at my Want Lists, which have just been updated. There's still a lot from Series 1 and 2 that I'm looking for, and the Update Series needs are thrown into that list as well.