Monday, November 21, 2011

Let Me Buy Your Straw (Or Something Like That)

Next Sunday, I am planning on going to a card show. To liven things up a bit, I'd like to do some shopping for you.

Here's what I'm thinking. At a local card show (if they have them in your area), you are going to pay a premium for the home team players. Yes, the selection of Brewers is much bigger in Milwaukee, but you will pay more for, say, a Yovani Gallardo relic card than you would in a place like Phoenix or Seattle. Or maybe you keep seeing the same old sellers and you've picked over anything of theirs that interests you.

Here's where you can actually take advantage of this trend. If you send me some cash along with some buying parameters, I will do some shopping for you. However much money you send me, I will try to fulfill a general wish list with that money, minus a couple of bucks for the cost of shipping the cards back to you. I don't even know if anyone will want to participate in this, but it's worth a shot. I'm taking a maximum of five participants. If this interests you, leave a comment. Please make sure you send your cash to me so it arrives before this coming Sunday. The money, along with your address and your team/player/set preferences to:
Bill Boehm
1916 N. 52nd St.
Milwaukee, WI 53208

Please be reasonable with your wish lists. If you're going to have something specific like "1956 Topps #129, 253, 302...," then also ask for something general like "Pittsburgh Pirates." (And just so you know, all unspent money will be returned, of course.)

If you feel like taking a reasonable gamble and you're in the mood for a surprise, now's the time to jump in!

2 comments:

camclow said...

I would participate, but I'm a Brewers fan from Oregon. It'd be kind of counter productive. Maybe I can help you out someday!

Zpop said...

I'm in. I'd be looking for interesting inserts or vintage cards of the Washington Nationals/Senators or Red Sox.