Saturday, November 5, 2011

NCAA Football Group Break

REMINDER: November BASEBALL GROUP BREAK still has a few slots left.

With tonight's #1 vs. #2 game on the horizon (and with me being on paternity leave for the next couple of months), I've found both the time and the excitement to host my first ever football group break (in addition to the regular November baseball break). With the college football season heading right for its regular season sweet spot right about now, we're going straight for a college product, two boxes of 2011 Upper Deck Sweet Spot, featuring former NCAA players.

With 120 teams in the FBS, this would be an impossible break to fill by team. But I have a better way of doing it: By conference. Participants may choose an entire conference and they will receive all of the cards pulled from each team in that conference. (Conferences will be defined as they currently stand for the 2011-12 college football season, regardless of what conference that school may have been a part of in the past. So for example, if we were to pull a Bernie Kosar Veterans card, it would go to the participant who had claimed the ACC (Miami's current conference) even though Miami was an independent at the time Kosar played.)

If you would like to get in on this break, you can send immediate PayPal payment to: bill13boehm@yahoo.com
Each conference will cost you $33.00.
Because not all players in the set are a part of the "Big 6" conferences, there will be one additional slot available for $10.00 called Everyone Else. If a player is from, say, Conference USA or the WAC, or from TCU or Notre Dame, his card will go to the participant who claimed the Everyone Else slot.

As always, please include your screen name, conference claimed, and mailing address as a note with your payment.

SLOTS
Big 10: tajikey (paid)
Big 12: Spankee (paid)
Big East: BS (paid)
SEC: Chris Mays (paid)
Pac-12: BS (paid)
ACC: Spankee (paid)
Everyone Else: jaybarkerfan

7 comments:

jaybarkerfan said...

I will take the everyone else!

Tony Brown said...

jaybarker, can I give you $1 for the rights of any Alcorn State players? Big Donald Driver and Steve McNair fan. And I'm really hoping for a Medgar Evers or Alex Haley insert.

Anonymous said...

I've never done a football break before. And I really don't know much about NCAA. But I can't resist a break. I'll take the Pac-12 and the Big East. Those two are pretty good, right? $66 is on its way.

BS

Chris Mays said...

What the hey, give me the SEC. Money on the way in a bit.

tajikey said...

I'll take the Big Ten, please

jaybarkerfan said...

Tony-that's a deal.

Thorzul. Will get my payment to you tomorrow.

jaybarkerfan said...

Payment sent