Thursday, November 3, 2011

Nightmares on Cardboard IV: Non-Medalist #3

Sometimes, it's the little details that can transform an idea into a genuine work of art. See if you can spot what I'm talking about in this SP Legendary Cuts Murder's Row card submitted by Spankee from My Cardboard Mistress.

It may be a little difficult to tell from the small image, but can you see that the spacing between each of the four parts to this card gets wider from right to left, so as to accommodate the folding up of this booklet card? Great attention to detail. Here are the close-ups of each individual card section.
Jeffrey Dahmer and John Wayne Gacy
Gacy inspired one of the most beautiful, haunting songs ever recorded. Check out this Sufjan Stevens track.
Ted Bundy and Charles Manson
Ted Kaczinski and Richard Kuklinski (The Polish Duo, perhaps?)
Kuklinski is the only name or face I don't recognize from this card. Apparently was some sort of Mafia hitman.
Richard Ramirez and Dennis Rader

I'm not going to comment any more on the subjects of this card, which is probably the most grisly one I've received, based on its true life nature. Hell of an idea for a card, but I'd prefer cut signatures from the '27 Yankees.

3 comments:

SpastikMooss said...

That whole Illinois CD is fantastic. I'm quite partial to the Night Zombies song as well.

dayf said...

Ooooh... that's gooood.
One of my unused ideas was along this vein. Pun always intended.

PunkRockPaint said...

Super creepy! In a good way.