Friday, November 4, 2011

November Group Break Is Open!

Swooping in like Batman in the middle of the night, I'm announcing the opening of this month's group break at an odd hour. You don't like it, go complain to Commissioner Gordon.
Here's what we're looking at this month:
One box of 2007 Upper Deck Ultimate
One box of 2008 Topps Moments & Milestones


It's kind of a disparate duo, I know (kind of like awesomely tough Batman and shorty-pants Robin, if you think about it), but hear me out. With Ultimate we're expecting FOUR AUTOs and EIGHT memorabilia cards (including one patch card). Great product. M&M, on the other hand, has been much-maligned fart-stained stink... but I'd argue that's if you're just buying a box for yourself. I could see a guy ripping open the last pack and saying to himself, "Great, I have a small stack of Hanley Ramirez cards now." But as a group break product, you're just getting the team you want. Plus, there are TWO AUTOs in the box, some nice low-numbered parallels, and a decent chance at a 1 of 1 for somebody. I mean, someone WANTS that Matt Holliday card, right?

Two-team slots will run $25.00. Choose one team (by claiming it first in the comments), another at random is assigned to you. You can also claim a four-team slot at a discount for $49.00. (You get to pick two of the teams.) Remember, Canadian residents add $1.00 per slot.

Send immediate payment to: bill13boehm@yahoo.com
Please include your screen name, address, and team(s) of choice as a note with payment. Your cards will arrive faster if you do this.

1. Angels -
2. Athletics -
3. Rangers -
4. Mariners -
5. White Sox -
6. Indians - BASEBALL DAD (paid)
7. Royals -
8. Twins - Thorzul
9. Tigers -
10. Red Sox - Retrofan (paid)
11. Yankees - Retrofan (paid)
12. Blue Jays - DaVe (paid)
13. Orioles - Stealing Home (paid)
14. Rays -
15. Cubs - Thorzul
16. Cardinals - IkesCards (paid)
17. Brewers - Thorzul
18. Pirates -
19. Astros -
20. Reds - Spankee (paid)
21. Padres -
22. Diamondbacks -
23. Dodgers - BS (paid)
24. Giants - BS (paid)
25. Rockies -
26. Braves - Chris Mays (paid)
27. Nationals/Expos -
28. Mets - Spankee (paid)
29. Phillies - daddyohoh (paid)
30. Marlins -

11 comments:

Chris Mays said...

I'll take the Braves. Money on the way ...

dayf said...

HOW?!??!

(puts away credit card, shakes fist)

daddyohoho said...

I would like the phils.

Thanks

Stealing Home said...

orioles here

D a V e said...

Blue Jays

IkesCards said...

Redbirds, please.

BASEBALL DAD said...

Indians please ! I'm at work until noon. Will pay as soon as I get home.

Retrofan said...

I'm going to double my chances after a ciople months out of the break with the Yankees and Red Sox. I can't believe they both are still available.

Do I owe an extra dollar per pick, or just flat?

Thorzul said...

Retrofan:
The Canadian postage bump will just cancel out the multi-team discount. Make it an even $50.

Anonymous said...

I'll take a shot with the Dodgers and Giants. $49 on the way as quickly as I am able.

BS

Spankee said...

I've been putting off joining one of your group breaks for long enough. I'll take the Mets for the David Wright 1/1 you will pull and I'll take a shot on the Reds and hope your Griffey mojo continues.

Money is sent.