Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Trade Me Anything V #2

The second Trade Me Anything trade came from A.J. at The Lost Collector. This time around, I got the video right, but I screwed up by not finding everything in the envelope. Boy, do I feel like a chump. But that's why there's a whole blog post, to mop up after the video mistakes. Watch the video, but realize that it's incomplete.

Here's the thing I forgot. I really need to learn to use the hands God gave me.
A.J. was able to sit down and create this Ryan Braun 1/1 sketch card in the style of 1987 Topps. The medium is acrylic, and the paper stock is similar to that used in UD Masterpieces. There's no doubt about it, this one is better than 99% of the sketch cards you can (or can't, really) pull out of Topps products. This one is going straight into my Ryan Braun binder with no reservations.

Here's a look at the Hall of Fame Robin Yount autographed postcard. I'd love to hear the story behind the obtainment of this signature. Wow!

This is the postcard I already had in my collection. As you can see, the style of these souvenirs has changed in recent years. (Copyright dates for the old and new are 2004 and 2009, respectively, so maybe they have a plan of changing every five years or something.) The yellow background is out, making room for the ball-on-tan background. The new ones are much better suited for autograph getting, with a nice big space below the plaque. Older ones of various players I've seen at shows have always been signed at the top, squeezed in to too small a space.

Not pictured, but integral to the trade were nice stacks of 2011 Update cards I needed and some random Brewers. I asked traders to come correct if they wanted that Jeter, and this trade surpassed any expectations I had. Thanks, A.J., and I hope you enjoy your cards!

5 comments:

The Lost Collector said...

Glad you liked the Braun. Thanks for the trade.

shoeboxlegends said...

That sketch card is amazing, nicely done!

Paul said...

I never realized the Hall of Fame changed the postcard design. I now have no desire to try to update the set of yellow postcards I have.

Anonymous said...

These Yount postcards are one of my pet peeves BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT SIGNED, they are pre-printed with his signature and he (or his 'people') sends them out with a note to autograph collectors. The HOF still uses the yellow cards, but Yount uses these. So many people try and sell these as an authentic player hand signed item when they are NOT. PLEASE help spread the word so that unsuspecting people will not continue to be taken by these cards. Thanks!

Milwaukee Southpaw said...

That Braun card is tremendous!!