Wednesday, December 7, 2011

2011 Card-vent Calendar: December 7

Today's card nearly took my hand off as I pried it from its little envelope.

1952 Topps Look 'n See #126 Leif Erickson

Kick ASS!
The Tiffani-Amber Thiessen from last week has been left completely ravaged, and I suspect that if this calendar had candy in it instead of cards, it would all be gone.

I didn't know about this set before, but I do now. If you want a much cheaper way to collect a 1952 Topps set, this might be it. The major obstacles to set completion will most likely be a Babe Ruth card and a scarce Rembrandt, #82 in the set. Here's an article that can tell you much more than I can. These cards are small, close in size to the Topps Lineage 1975 minis that came out earlier this year.

1 comment:

dayf said...

What a coincidence! I had that exact same look on my face when I heard the results of the Ford C Frick award voting today!

If you'll excuse me, I have some raping and burning and pillaging to do.