Saturday, December 3, 2011

Completion: Bow-man... BOH. MAN. B-O-O-O-O-OH-MAN

This week I made a trade with Kary, who happens to live in northern Wisconsin. Included in this trade were the last three cards I needed for the 1989 Bowman set.
At the time of printing, of the three, Rico Brogna was the only sure-fire first ballot Hall-of-Famer.

#102 Rico Brogna

#9 Cal Ripken, Jr.

#479 Tracy Jones

So Tracy Jones is kind of a weird guy, yes?

This was reportedly Kary's first online trade. If he proposes a trade with you, he's got my recommendation.

2 comments:

Mad Guru said...

That link exemplifies perfectly why one should never rely on Wikipedia for research purposes.

thewritersjourney said...

That said, Mad Guru, it's actually pretty accurate (though poorly written). Jones is still on the air here in Cincinnati, and is still very rude to his callers.

I saw him this afternoon at the Redsfest, and I was taken aback that his hair has turned gray. First, I didn't think he was old enough to be turning gray. Second, I thought he would be vain enough to color it.