Saturday, December 31, 2011

Top Five Pulls of 2011: #5

2011 was a wonderful time to be alive. The year began with an impossibly epic Green Bay Packers Super Bowl run, closed with a disappointing collapse by the Brewers in the NLCS to end an otherwise brilliant season, and somewhere between those two bookends, a baby was born. I didn't bust as much wax as I usually do, but there were some nice cards pulled. I'm attributing this to my need to use discretionary card funds to subsidize unfilled group breaks. That's cool, since I ended up with some lovely cards form those, but this series of posts will tell the tale of my personal, hidden-from-view pulls of cardboard glory.

Card: 2011 Topps Lineage Autograph 2009 Topps Reprint #RA-PS Pablo Sandoval AUTO

From: Hobby Box

Why I Love This Card: Picking out the top four cards for this year's edition was simple. With the fifth, though, I struggled. I really could have stopped at four, but tradition is tradition. This card's autograph is on-card, which makes it a little more special, but apart from that, there's not much that sets it apart from other autos. Sandoval is a likable guy with a great nickname, and by starting small, I can allow the tension to mount as I reveal the top four pulls.


If you feel like playing along, you can check out how this year's pulls stack up to those form the past.
2010
2009
2008
2007

1 comment:

Play at the Plate said...

I pulled the Kinsler from the same set. Happy New Year!