Sunday, January 15, 2012

Three Down, Three to Go

Completion of the 2001-02 Topps Basketball set is so close, yet so far away. In the past couple of weeks I've been able to track down three of the six remaining draft pick cards I need to finish the set.

#241 Joseph Forte (21st Pick)

#237 Michael Bradley (17th Pick)

#253 Ousmane Cisse (47th Pick)

Ousmane is nice, what with the picture being taken in a high school gym and all, but my favorite Cisse of all-time is Djibril Cisse, a French footballer who played for Liverpool, among others, and who always took the pitch with an interesting hairdo and facial hair.



If you can find the location of any of the three remaining cards I need for this set, please let me know. There will be a reward at stake if you can supply information that leads to any one of the following cards getting into my possession.
235 (Steven Hunter)
242 (Jeryl Sasser)
248 (Trenton Hassell)

2 comments:

hiflew said...

http://www.deanscards.com/Product/basketball-cards/1035307/--242-Jeryl-Sasser-RK---2001-02-Topps-Basketball.aspx

http://www.traderretreat.com/forum/basketball-card-trade-buy-sell/50918-low-end-rookies-trade.html

No luck on the Hunter, but there is my good deed for the day. Good luck hunting down these oddly hard to find cards.

Josh said...

Congrats on being so close to completing this bastard of a set! I've been chasing this one down for over a decade myself. I think I'm around 60 cards to completion, with 4 of them being redemptions. Thankfully, I did acquire the redemption cards of Steven Hunter and Sam Dalembert back when the set came out. I don't think those Sasser and Hassell cards actually exist, though. Good luck with your remaining search!