Sunday, January 1, 2012

Top Five Pulls of 2011: #4

Card: 2011 Panini Americana Movie Posters #20 His Girl Friday (Cary Grant Personally-Worn Material) (300/499)

From: Blaster Box

Why I Love This Card: One of my very few retail purchases this year (outside of Topps flagship) actually came through for me. I don't recall the box promising a hit, but the more I search for these, the more it seems like everybody got one. At the time, however, I felt like a winner. Cary Grant was one of the coolest guys of his time, and His Girl Friday is actually a film I have seen and studied. Do yourself a favor: Next time your significant other has her turn at picking movie night, steer her away from the Amy Adams/Jennifer Aniston/Reese Witherspoon claptrap and towards this classic. I promise, both of you will come away from it more entertained as a result.

1 comment:

piratesfan731 said...

One of my all-time favorite movies!