Sunday, March 4, 2012

CC: Fuck That

Finally, a couple years later, one of these purple CC parallels shows up on eBay. I take no chances and go with the BIN option. This is Valentine's Day, mind you. I FINALLY get it on the first day of March. When something this scarce pops up, you take what you can get. For a while there, I talked myself into thinking this card didn't exist. As you can see...
FUCK THAT.

This card's brethren are calling out for him to join them. "We even saved you a seat, dog."

So, we head for the basement. This is man's work, unfit for the first floor. I really ought to take better care of my tools.

Claw to the corner. Success. This went a lot easier than I thought.

And here it is, naked and free.
2009 Upper Deck A Piece of History Cut From the Same Cloth (w/Zambrano) #CSC-ZS Purple (02/25)
I have a craving for grape jelly for some reason.

Hanging' with the boys.

It feels really good to get another step closer to completion. A couple of golds left, that's all.

8 comments:

Hackenbush said...

"Naked and free" Good one!

Matt said...

Freeeeeeeeeeedommmmmmmm! Congrats on the pickup.

Greg Zakwin said...

Nice get!

AdamE said...

Congrats. I know how it is to get a much needed card for the PC. Last week I grabbed one of those Heritage BuyBack Virdon cards. In 3 years one has never popped up on ebay. But someone listed it on COMC and I snagged it. I have a line on one from a different year but the guy that has it for trade on the Beckett site won't answer my emails.

Enough about me, congrats on your card.

jacobmrley said...

that is 10 pounds of awesome in a five pound bag. doubly so for the plastic jail break.

Arno said...

Showed 'em who's boss.

carlsonjok said...

I'm just trying to wrap my mind around the fact that CC is on a card called "Cut from the Same Cloth" with Carlos Zambrano.

Stealing Home said...

a new definition of: the tools of ignorance.

nice find, and congratulations on successful surgery, doctor.