Wednesday, April 18, 2012

So Topps, If You Want Sales of Your Flagship Product to Skyrocket...

...stick Felix Fermin somewhere on the box. It worked before, and it'll work again.

I mean, seriously... Topps did that? I know it's only Series 2 and all, but still. What, did Dave Valle turn this opportunity down? Did you want Cecilio Guante in the prestigious back-panel spot, only to find out he had retired?

Which is not to say I'm not going to have a few great fucking nights opening this thing. 1993 Topps, the year they switched to all-shiny stock and never looked back.

69, dude!

4 comments:

Arno said...

69!!!!

Play at the Plate said...

69 cents for no gimmicks! I'll take it!

The Baseball Card Snob said...

If you need any Series 1, I have a bunch to trade, mostly commons though.

Anonymous said...

Cal Eldred!