Friday, August 17, 2012

MONDO Break: Mets

This is where it starts to get good. If your team in the MONDO Break hasn't been shown yet, you're getting at least as many cards as the Mets hit here.

TEAM: New York Mets
BUYER: BA Benny

Dwight Gooden Bat (49/50)
I absolutely love the 2004 Donruss World Series set.
I'm usually not a fan of pitcher bat relic cards, but in this case it might be OK. Gooden lost both games he pitched in the '86 Series, but actually went 1-for-2 in his Game 2 appearances.

Keith Hernandez Jersey

Darryl Strawberry Jersey (14/86)
Did I mention I loved this set? So cool.

Darryl Strawberry Bat

Mike Piazza / Roger Clemens Jersey
The jersey belongs to Clemens on this card. It would have been funnier if it was a game-thrown bat. Big ups to Fleer, through, for even having the balls to do this card.

Billy Wagner Patch (03/99)
Nice!

David Wright Jersey
I've never liked this Bow-Her jersey cutout. I know it's supposed to look like a batter, but it's just a little nothing.

And three Jose Reyes Jersey cards...



BA Benny, I think you've done well.

3 comments:

BA Benny said...

Awesome, well worth the wait!

night owl said...

Now that's a team break worth entering!

The Bowman jersey cutout has always looked to me as if it is flipping off the card subject. Just about the worst relic cut-out ever. ... or best, depending on your viewpoint.

Spankee said...

I agree with Night Owl's middle finger notion.That's all I ever see.