Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Nightmares on Cardboard 2012 Submission #1

Well, I'm home sick from school today, so I'll chew through some of the day by kicking off the Nightmares on Cardboard posts. About halfway through the day yesterday my voice started to get raspy. I mean snappin', cracklin', and poppin'. Waking up this morning, I realized that things hadn't gotten any better, so I went in early today, took care of some administrative shit, and left about a half hour after the day started after briefing the substitute. (And hoo-hoo boy, is he in for a doozy today. Special ed. students not picked up because their teacher is testing kids in a different grade, a trip to the art room, which my classroom is physically the farthest away from in the school, and a mock presidential election just before the end of the day.)

I'm going to change things up a bit this year and let readers vote for a winner. Once all of the submissions are shown, I'll open up a poll where you can vote for your favorite, and the winner will get some sort of prize.

Here's submission #1, from Richard:
We've got a 1981 Topps model of a carved pumpkin with a Phillies cap chomping on a smaller Yankees pumpkin. Kind of odd, considering the Phillies lost to New York in 2009 after beating the Rays in 2008. Richard also indicated that his original idea for a scary card would just be to print the team's 2012 schedule and results or the NL East standings or something like that.

Keep checking back, I'm hoping to get a few more posted today. Oh, and Happy Halloween.

No comments: