Saturday, November 17, 2012

Trade Me Anything VI #5

Yes, the weekend is here, so let's kick off Saturday with some more TMA. This comes from J.M.J.

Giving:
2012 Topps Update Series Gold Sparkle #36 Juan Cruz, #18 Tom Wilhelmsen
Getting:
2012 Topps Gold Sparkle #224 NL RBI Leaders
Hard to believe Ryan Howard has fallen so far so fast. Love the Prince in the middle, though. This goes straight into the Prince binder.
A bunch of cards
I'm sorry to say it, but I'm guessing J.M.J. fell into a common misunderstanding. The cards listed by year on the sidebar are ones I have and are available for trade or sale. My want list is listed directly below those. No problem, I'll find a use for these.
1981 Fleer Wax Pack
Now that's how you redeem yourself. I opened one of these once before, and it was a lot of fun. My local card shop also had a bunch of these for sale out of a wax box. They were going for two or three bucks a pack. Not bad, but I resisted the urge.
Thanks a lot, J.M.J., and thanks for coming aboard this year!

This trade's DVD connection is another pretty easy one, but I did manage to block out some information that would make it completely obvious. Happy guessing!

UPDATED STANDINGS:
Night Owl 1
madding 1
Jordan 1
Crowded House 1
SpastikMooss 1

5 comments:

SpastikMooss said...

Penelope Cruz - Juan Cruz. I loved Open Your Eyes/Abre Los Ojos and I'm a big Vanilla Sky fan as well, good stuff.

As for the wants/needs mix up, I think you should put wants up above needs. People tend not to scroll down as much for that kind of stuff and then maybe you'd have less slip ups.

Thorzul said...

That's a good point. I just changed the layout. The thing is, I used to have the want list above the stuff I have, but people made the same mistake.

+1 to you, sir.

Crowded House said...

I blame the misunderstanding on it being late and my brain not functioning properly. Still, I didn't think to go back and check to note the difference until after I sent them, at which point I felt kind of dumb for not noticing. Oh well, glad you liked the Fleer pack at least.

Crowded House said...

Also, is Open Your Eyes a subtle commentary to people read those sidebars more carefully, or was that a coincidence?

SpastikMooss said...

Hah I like that last comment!