Sunday, November 4, 2012

Trade Me Anything VI Has Arrived!

It's the sixth time we're going to do this dance. If this were the song "Kiss Off," Gordon Gano would be screaming, "6, 6, 6 for my sorrow," into the microphone. While this annual event might not enjoy as much build-up as the song, it's still a sesaonal tradition.

I'm going to be keeping the base cards (no doubles this year, so nice job on that front, Topps) and three of the inserts. Everything else is up for grabs. It kind of helps that I didn't buy any Series 1 or 2, so there are no insert sets I feel compelled to complete.

The only cards you can't get your hands on are:
Golden Moments Ryan Braun
The "Almost Four" moniker is a reference to the time early on in the season when Braun bagged three chicks in one night at a San Diego-area hotel room. There would have been a fourth, but at one point she declared that she had forgotten her Chapstick, left to retrieve it, and subsequently forgot the room number, never to return.
Gold Tim Dillard (1059/2012)
Gold Ben Sheets (0397/2012)
Still a Brewer on our hearts.

Here's what you do:
1. Check out the list of available cards below. Select one (or a couple) you want. Just remember, the more you claim, the better your trade material should be.
2. Send me an email with your choice of card at bill13boehm@yahoo.com
Please don't leave a request comment on the blog. This just confuses people, so don't do it, it will just be deleted and will not count.
3. I will reply to you as to the card's availability. First come, first serve. I will include my mailing address.
4. When I confirm the card of your choice, pick out one or more of your own cards or anything else you want to send me. A few guidelines about what you can't send: Nothing that should really be in the garbage, nothing perishable, and nothing illegal. (Notice I didn't say nothing immoral.)
5. Send me whatever is was you picked out. Don't tell me what it is before you send it, I'd like to have it be a surprise! Include a SASE or you won't be getting your card.
6. When I receive your item, I will take a picture of the trade materials and post the happy couple on my blog, and then I will send you the card.

Okay, now that that's out of the way, here's what's up for grabs. Cards in BOLD have already been claimed.

'87 Minis
101 Paul Goldschmidt - Diamondbacks
107 Madison Bumgarner - Giants
112 Yu Darvish - Rangers
115 Carlos Beltran - Cardinals
118 Austin Jackson - Tigers
121 Mat Latos - Reds
123 C.J. Wilson - Angels
136 Brandon Beachy - Braves
150 Bryce Harper - Nationals

Golden Giveaway (Redeemed)
21 Bob Gibson - Cardinals
23 Tony Gwynn - Padres
24 Steve Carlton - Phillies
26 Bryce Harper - Nationals
27 Trevor Bauer - Diamondbacks
28 Yu Darvish - Rangers

Golden Greats
78 Brooks Robinson - Orioles
82 Gary Carter - Mets
90 Mike Schmidt - Phillies
97 Wade Boggs - Red Sox
99 Willie Stargell - Pirates

Golden Moments
4 Josh Hamilton - Rangers
13 Matt Cain - Giants
16 Andre Ethier - Dodgers
22 Albert Belle - Indians
27 Matt Kemp - Dodgers
34 Andrew McCutchen - Pirates
40 Johnny Bench - Reds
47 George Brett - Royals

Gold Sparkle
5 Wade Miley - Diamondbacks
8 Luis Perez - Blue Jays
18 Tom Wilhelmsen - Mariners
36 Juan Cruz - Pirates
98 Hector Santiago - Pirates
175 Tim Byrdak - Mets
306 Joe Wieland - Padres
308 Jay Bruce - Reds
326 Gio Gonzalez - Nationals

Gold Border (#/2012)
Series 1

2 Trevor Cahill - A's
37 Mike Napoli - Rangers
44 Edwin Jackson - Cardinals
46 Peter Bourjos - Angels
107 Luke Scott - Orioles
142 Travis Wood - Reds
168 Blake Beavan - Mariners
171 Koji Uehara - Rangers
174 Yadier Molina - Cardinals
187 Jose Altuve - Astros
261 Kyle Blanks - Padres
265 Aroldis Chapman - Reds
276 Scott Baker - Twins
293 Eric Thames - Blue Jays
305 Chipper Jones - Braves
Update Series
29 Jonathan Sanchez - Rockies
86 Anibal Sanchez - Tigers
171 Rhiner Cruz - Astros
266 Brandon Lyon - Blue Jays
307 Ryan Roberts - Rays
314 Eric O'Flaherty - Braves

Blockbusters
6 Jay Buhner - Mariners
9 Nolan Ryan - Angels
13 Yoenis Cespedes - A's
17 Catfish Hunter - Yankees
18 Carlton Fisk - White Sox
19 Ryne Sandberg - Cubs
23 Ichiro - Yankees
24 Steve Carlton - Phillies

28 Johan Santana - Mets

Topps Pennant Ads
Cleveland Indians
Kansas City Royals
San Francisco Giants

And here are a couple of "Raise Your Game" cards, which, if you request, please make sure to send something extra nice.
#292 David Ortiz Photo Variation SP
Mike Napoli All-Star Workout Jersey Relic

And by the way, I'd really appreciate it if you could help me knock a few things off my want list. My 2012 Update Series needs are up. Also feel free to send big piles of doubles from the following sets:
1988 Topps
Any Fleer 1989 or earlier
1988 or 1989 Score
Any Donruss 1988 or earlier
(I may be sorry later about asking for these, but I have a whole bunch of half-started sets that deserve to be finished despite they years in which they were produced.)

4 comments:

dayf said...

I'm in, you've got my wants bolded out already. I'll leave Eric O' for someone else unless no one claims him.

Not sure when I'll send it, but I'll send it.

Jeff Wilk said...

I forget what eight was for....

P-town Tom said...

As a Cub fan, I didn't really find anything that caught my attention.

However, I do have a slew of '88 Topps and to a lesser extent some of the other sets you're trying to complete. Shoot me an e-mail if you're interested. I'd be happy to send them your way for "trade me anything".
mrcoach00(at)yahoo(dot)com

bigbern28 said...

I may be late to the party but I will claim any Tigers & Blue Jays remaining. I got some things to finish the list for you.

bp_weber5 AT hotmail DOT COM