Saturday, December 22, 2012

2012 Card-vent Calendar: December 21

December 21, 2012:
1993 Upper Deck SP #130 Dave Fleming
Books are for reading, Dave, not for sitting on.

I wonder what those books are. The one near the top has a title that ends in "Every Time." The word before Every ends in the letters TE, so the title must be something ending with "...TE EVERY TIME." "How to Get a Date Every Time?" "Stay in a Hotel Suite Every Time?" Maybe they're playbooks of some sort that pitchers rely upon. "How to Get the Batter Out Every Time" almost works, but the E is missing. Anyone interested in doing a little detective work?

1 comment:

Mad Guru said...

I cannot find any books with a title that has TE EVERY TIME and I cannot get the picture large and clear enough to confirm for myself how the title reads.

That being said, I think the book might be Patrick Forsyth's Selling Edge: Tactics for Winning a Sale Every Time.

My reasons:
1. One of the few titles I can find with a large letter in front of the E. It's not Naura Harden's How to Please a Woman Every Time, for example or Peak Performance Every Time.

2. Selling Edge was published in 1992 which made it recent at the time the photo was taken.

3. Selling Edge was a paperback.

4. Many of Patrick Forsyth's books have a yellow cover.

My only concern is that the book was published in the UK which probably would have made it difficult for him to get although he might have had a PRODIGY account and could have bought it online.