Sunday, December 16, 2012

Trade Me Anything VI #11

Well, this looks like the last trade to make it to me before the contest deadline. I'd have to check to see how many were pledged, but not sent. I know dayf wanted some of the Barves, and someone claimed the jersey card from the box, but nothing has showed up so far.

No worries, we'll forge ahead. This one comes from Jon in Strasburg, PA, home of the Steven Strasburger. (Two all-beef patties, four slices of cheese, and one large pickle on a kaiser roll. Not available after September 12th.)

Giving:
2012 Topps Update Series 1987 Mini #TM-121 Mat Latos, Golden Giveaway #GGC-24 Steve Carlton
Getting:
August 29, 2011 Sports Illustrated from Strasburg-Heisler Library
Awesome, I love things that are either stolen or discarded from libraries.
A bunch of 1993 Upper Deck cards from my want list, all Expos
Two packs of 1991 Stadium Club Series 2
Red arm strap for iPod Nano
Lampeter-Strasburg High School metal license plate
Martin-Meylin Middle School plastic license plate
Seeing as Wisconsin is a front-and-back license plate state by law, I cannot throw my support to the Fighting Pioneers in a vehicular fashion. Here is a license plate requirement map, for your education and pleasure.
Thanks for some great stuff, Jon!

Which brings us to the final chapter in the contest. Commenter Jordan is currently enjoying a one-point lead over the competition. If Crowded House or Night Owl come up with the connection this time, we will go to a tie-breaker, but if not, Jordan will be declared the winner of all of the box's unclaimed cards. Good luck!

(By the way, the answer to this last one will have to be exactly correct. Close will not be good enough.)


7 comments:

Jordan said...

All I can think of is that one of the characters is named Phyllis. Phyllis=Phillies?

Jordan said...

That would be the Carlton connection, by the way

Thorzul said...

Nope, but you may keep trying.

Jeff said...

Last House on the Left - for Lefty Carlton?

Play at the Plate said...

I know I asked for something and I've been a flake lately...

*hangs head in disgust*

Jordan said...

Alright, I think I've got it. It has to do with the years that both versions of the movie came out. The original came out in 1972, the year Steve Carlton won his first Cy Young with the Phillies. The remake came out in 2009, Mat Latos' rookie year with the Padres.
Okay, even if that's dead wrong, you have to admit that it could work.

Thorzul said...

Jeff, you got it exactly.