Sunday, January 27, 2013

Bip Roberts: First Contact

So a few nights ago, on a whim, I decided to send a Tweet to a famous sportsman. I had forgotten about it, so I was surprised when I got this alert in my inbox:

Dude!

That is FUCKING AWESOME! Bip Roberts is aware of Bipping! He herd! He called me "siir!"

It's like being there when the first machine achieves consciousness. Forget AI, this is Strong AI.

So what's our next step, ladies and gentlemen? Give me your suggestions, and I'll ponder which course of action is the best to pursue.

7 comments:

AdamE said...

Call off the truce??

FanOfReds said...

Ask him to autograph every single card that's been part of a Bipping?

P-town Tom said...

This is not going to end well for Bip.

GCA said...

Ask him if he knows the shyster collector in Maryland that replaced a retail repack box with dozens of his '94 Upper Deck cards that got me the first time?

http://apackaday.blogspot.com/2008/06/repack-box-remorse-volume-2-stealth.html

Mad Guru said...

I think we should all do something nice for Bip on his birthday for his contributions to the hobby. He turns 50 this October. Wouldn't it be cool for him to get hundreds of birthday cards from all over the country/world?

Mad Guru said...

Or perhaps more fun, create a "Upper Deck Documentary"-esque set for Bip where each blogger makes a card for Bip commemorating, say, each of his 264 career stolen bases (or his 19 intentional walks if there isn't much interest in the idea).

Zach said...

I like the birthday card idea, and I think we should all send him the same exact birthday card (thus "Bipping" him).