Sunday, February 10, 2013

Bobblehead Massacre!

So today I decided to take some time to tackle some of the house rearranging that needs to happen. One aspect of this change is the removal of my bobbleheads from their display shelves. Well, I wasn't careful enough when I grabbed a bobblehead from the back row, and I managed to take out a couple of the 2007 minis honoring the '82 World Series team. Witness the carnage.

Mike Caldwell was the first to take a spill. I actually tipped Don Sutton first, but somehow managed to catch it. Caldwell, though, now stands at a seriously fucked up angle. He laments the loss of his arm, and curses his cruel master.
His main problem area is a completely destroyed left ankle.

Pete Vuckovich actually got the worst of it, though. Oh, wait, there are two gloves on the ground. The arm holding the ball in the first shot actually belongs to Vuke, and one of those gloves belongs to Caldwell.

Gaaaahhhhh, I know I'll have to replace these someday. I might have to hold out until I can find them at a card show someday, where they are much more affordable. Thankfully, they weren't the rare powder blue away uniform versions. Usually I'm a total Captain Careful when it comes to stuff like this, but I really blew it today.

5 comments:

BASEBALL DAD said...

I did that to a Christmas tree ornament.Three Tribe guys standing in a circle giving high fives.

Never did find all the body parts.

P-town Tom said...

Wow, it's like looking at a train wreck. You want to look away, but I just couldn't take my eyes off the carnage.

As a fellow bobblehead collector, I will grieve with you, Captain Careful.

Fuji said...

Sorry for your loss. I've done with an Ichiro bobble, but caught it by his head. Now Ichiro has this weird neck issue and always looks off to his right.

Bobbeheads said...

That was a toughest one and sorry to know that. Good Luck.

Bobbleheads said...

Oh, it's a pity. I am recommending a custom bobblehead online store for you to make a series of new items.