Thursday, March 28, 2013

Completion!: Dirtstache Edition

While we're still waiting for the group break cards to arrive (Tomorrow? Fingers crossed?), let's take a look at the set that was brought to completion today.

2009 Upper Deck A Piece of History #24 Jay Bruce

A Brewers fan in northern California contacted me about joining the Spring Group Break, but preferred paying cash. He greased the wheels a little bit by offering the Jay Bruce card seen above, which had been sitting for quite some time in the Thorzul's Most Wanted section.

There were a couple more Brewers thrown in for good measure, plus this pack-fresh specimen:
1986 Donruss #39 Jose Canseco Rated Rookie

Believe it or not, I've never owned one of these until today. It almost makes me want to get going on my '86 Donruss set. Almost. I really ought to finish off the '88 edition first.

Thanks for a great send, Erich! I hope some good Brewers come out of this lot.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you needed that piece of cardboard. Erich