Friday, October 25, 2013

CC: The Resurrection

It was a mixture of disbelief, joy, panic, and worry when I found out there was going to be a new CC Sabathia card depicting him as a member of the Milwaukee Brewers. Heck, it has been over four years since any new CC-as-a-Brewer cards have been produced, and I really thought we were done. Once the Yankees signed him in 2009, the Milwaukee well started to dry up, and it's been pinstripes ever since.

2013 Panini Hometown Heroes #286


Sure, it says "Brewers" nowhere on this card, and this is a logo-less product, but the big Milwaukee pennant makes this unmistakably collectible. There are two parallels of this card, one of which I've already obtained and will show off later, the other of which still eludes me. If you think you have the one I need, I will certainly trade heavily in your favor for it.

Those stats: 11-2, 1.65 ERA. Damn.

1 comment:

dayf said...

There's a new Mark Lemke card in that set too!

And an AUTOGRAPH!!!

*swoons*