Saturday, November 9, 2013

CC: The Tangy Zip

If you think you've seen this one before, you're partially correct. I showed the base version of this card here last month. At the same time I found one of its parallels, and I'm finally getting around to posting it today.

2013 Panini Hometown Heroes Zip Code Parallel #286


This is a really strange idea for a card. Milwaukee is most assuredly not Sabathia's hometown. (In fact, this is probably true for the majority of the players featured in this set regarding their hometowns.) Plus, 53201 isn't even the zip code where the Brewers play. The 01 zip code is merely the one designated for the downtown post office in Milwaukee, and I don't think there are even any residences that can list 53201 as their zip. Pile of top of that the fact that CC was a part of Milwaukee for only about four months, and you've got a perfect storm of strangeness for a card. Not that I'm complaining.

The only parallel left to collect is the state foil stamp one. I've been keeping my eyes open for it, but so far haven't come across one. I've even scoured the lots for sale but have turned up nothing. I'd appreciate any help you can offer in tracking one down.

1 comment:

buckstorecards said...

I came so close to being able to help you. I knew I pulled a WI state parallels from my box of HH from the Expo.

I was wrong. I pulled two.

Unfortunately, they were Segura and Gallardo.