Tuesday, December 3, 2013

2013 Card-vent Calendar: December 3

December 3, 2013:

Soon enough I'll finish this damn research paper and I'll be able to post my Card-vent loot at a more reasonable hour. Today ain't the day.

1951 Bowman #194 Harry "Peanuts" Lowrey


Wha-WHA-WHAAAAAAAA?!?!

Harry Peanuts, you forever join your brethren in the Suggestive Name Hall of Fame. Today your bronze bust will sit aside those of inaugural class members like Dick Pole, Stubby Clapp, and Pete LaCock, and all of the enshrinement classes since the initial one. May this honor bring pride to your family. It's a shame you didn't play in the 1980s, for your cards would have been the stuff of legend, and you would have been a sure-fire first-ballot HOFer. A big thanks goes out to the veterans committee for making this day possible.

2 comments:

Play at the Plate said...

I love Peanuts. Almost as much as I love vintage baseball cards.

P-town Tom said...

Man, I forgot all about Stubby Clapp.

I know it's early, but today's Card-vent is going to be tough to top. I guess I'm just a sucker for posts that reference names like Dick Pole and Pete LaCock.