Wednesday, December 4, 2013

2013 Card-vent Calendar: December 4

December 4, 2013:
2011 Topps American Pie #39 Vincent Price Foil Parallel

Just a bad-ass card, any way you slice it. Right about now I'm pretty glad I recorded The Masque of the Red Death to the DVR back in October.

To top off this post, I'll share a little Vincent Price connection. This girl I used to date had an adopted brother whose father might have been Vincent Price. His birth mother was a prostitute, and it's plausible that Price paid for her services in or around the city of St. Louis right around the time he would have been conceived. I don't remember how the family would have made the connection to Price, but they seemed pretty firm believers. No way to really verify it now, but this would in no way lessen my esteem for the late Mr. Price.

No comments: