Monday, December 16, 2013

Trade Me Anything VII #8

This one has been sitting in my dining room for over a week. Apologies to Marcus from Backstop Cards, who sent a package full of cool stuff.

Giving:
2013 Topps Update Green Sparkle #US176 Matt Lindstrom, Gold #US74 Kyle Blanks (1835/2013)

Getting:
A bunch of music promo stuff
The envelope was stuffed full of various stickers and promo CDs. I actually listened to the Henry Clay People CD while running errands in my car last week. I'm sorry to report, it was pretty horrible. Marcus, I hope you have no affiliation with this band whatsoever. The other discs, though, I'll be giving a chance in the near future.

A pack of 1992 Topps Stadium Club Series 3

2013 Topps Chipz Ryan Braun
Maybe my new lucky charm when I play poker, which is almost never now.

There was a big pile of Brewers cards, and I've decided to show just my five favorites if you put a gun to my head.
2013 Topps World Baseball Classic #WBC-15 Ryan Braun
Yep, I still collect the guy.

1989 Upper Deck #13 Gary Sheffield
You know, I may have never owned this card until now. Hate the guy, like the card.

2012 Topps Chrome #142 Yovani Gallardo
So I guess Braun made us all forget about this guy's DUI early on in 2013.

1983 Topps #190 Cecil Cooper
I had a coworker who would host a Brewers party each summer once the school year ended. There was usually a baseball trivia contest during the cookout, and she would sometimes just shout out Cecil Cooper. She did it just enough for it not to be annoying.

2013 Topps Update #US189 Kyle Lohse Gold Parallel (0351/2013)
This is a very familiar looking card.

There was also a Dale Murphy insert card from 2011 Topps that I forgot to scan, and there was also this 1 franc coin from 1949.

Awesome trade, Marcus, love the variety!

1 comment:

Marcus said...

I have no affiliation with ANY of those bands who's music I sent to you, and there's a reason that I wanted to get rid of them. I think the Henry Clay People had the best shot of being something that others might find decent, the rest of the stuff you will probably dislike even more. Merry Christmas.