Saturday, May 17, 2014

It Comes in Handy

In today's mail I found a small, hand-addressed envelope waiting for me to open it. There was but one card inside, but it was a good one. From Chicago's own P-town Tom, I received this:
2011 Topps 60 Years of Topps 60YOT-99 Larry Walker

This was a card I had placed on my "Most Wanted List" in the sidebar of this blog. Most of the stuff that can be found there is from the 2011 Topps set, the most recent one that I have collected with any real urgency, if you can call it that. I've selected many of the inserts from the set to try to complete, and I've even devoted a full binder to these cards. Most of the time if I acquire something from this list, I replenish the wanted list by looking through the binder and finding the first missing card that would complete a page. The Larry Walker card did just that. I like this page in particular because it's one of the only ones where I think I have all of the original cards pictured (though I'm a bit iffy on whether or not I actually have the Ripken).

Thanks, Tom! This was a nice surprise to highlight a day that was otherwise filled with futility and frustration.

1 comment:

P-town Tom said...

You're welcome!

I kinda of wish every blogger had a "Top 5 Want List" attached to their blog in the margin. I like to send PWEs when I have the time and an easy to find list is nice.