Sunday, May 18, 2014

May Group Break: Team #4 - New York Mets

On to the next team.

Team: New York Mets
Buyer: buckstorecards


A bunch of Mets rookie base cards. There was a big pile of Chrome rookies in this lot, but they're just popping up now.

2013 Topps Franchise Forerunners Matt Harvey / David Wright

2013 Topps Matt Harvey Making Their Mark x2

2014 Topps The Future is Now Zack Wheeler

2013 Topps Making Their Mark Zack Wheeler

2013 Topps Postseason Heroes David Wright x2

Okay, so apparently the franchise is pinning their hopes on three guys. Lots of inserts in this stack, but none of the fun parallels. Let's see what else came out of the fistfull of cards.

EXTRAS

2004 Topps Mike Piazza

2002 Fleer Box Score World Piece Roberto Alomar Bat
Cool card, bad pun.

2000 Topps Benny Agbayani
At one point, someone felt the need to place this in a top loader. Gotta keep it GEM MINT!

1980 Topps Craig Swan


My favorite thing about this lot was how it reminded me of something I had completely forgotten: The Mets were in the 2006 NLCS. I could not have told you that even if I had a gun to my head. Enjoy the cards, buckstorecards!

No comments: