Tuesday, May 27, 2014

May Group Break: Team #6 - Atlanta Braves

Yes, I know, another delay. I just happened to have a hankering for some Schell's Chimney Sweep and hung out in Minnesota all weekend to get some. In the process, I got to listen to Dan Gladden try to tie a bow on a Giants' sweep of the Twins. Onward and upward.

Team: Atlanta Braves
Buyer: Chris Mays


I'm happy that so many decent Braves cards emerged from this lot, since Chris ponies up for them in nearly every break I hold, even after some less-than-stellar results.

Some base cards

Some inserts. You guys can read, there's a half-dozen of these from recent years.

2014 Gypsy Queen John Smoltz Black Border Mini (095/199)
Damn attractive card.

2014 Gypsy Queen Tom Glavine Blue Frame (161/499)
No idea at all about this set, but the Braves look good in it.

2013 Topps Chrome Purple Parallel Brian McCann

2014 Topps Julio Teheran Game-Used Jersey
I like the design. It has a '90s Stadium Club vibe going on.

2014 Gypsy Queen Andrelton Simmons Framed Jersey


EXTRAS

1999 Topps Andres Galarraga et al

1978 Topps Strikeout Leaders
Niekro and Ryan led in the feathered hair stat line as well.


Good stuff all around. I hope these find a nice place in your collection, Chris.

1 comment:

Chris Mays said...

Relics of two of my three favorite current players? Yeah, I like it. Thanks for running another break! When's the next one?????