Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Trade Me Anything VIII #1

It's been my least productive blogging year ever, but once we get close to the holidays, I leave myself with no choice but to churn out posts like some graham cracker assembly line stooge. I do it because I love it. Let's see what's getting exchanges by mail.

This trade came from JediJeff.

Giving:
Fond Farewells #FF-PK Paul Konerko

The Future Is Now #FN-JA3 Jose Abreu


Getting:
Some 2014 Panini Prizm World Cup inserts (Ribery, Lloris, and Ruiz)

A few various Prizm insert parallels:
Guillermo Ochoa Guardians

Belgium Team Card

Ghana Team Card

Lot of 6 2011 Topps Lineage 1975 Mini Parallels


I have to say that I'm already thrilled with TMA8. Although I haven't got around to posting a want list, I am collecting the Prizm World Cup set and all of its regular inserts. I needed the two Frenchies, but not the Costa Rican. The parallels are nice, too; Ochoa had a bomb-ass game against Brazil if I remember correctly, and the U.S. took on both of the other teams.

As for the Lineage, it's one of those sets that I'm chasing for sentimental reasons, but only halfheartedly. I love the '75 minis, but that's going to be a nasty mother to collect. I just hope the other trades of anything are even half as good as this one.

No comments: