Friday, January 9, 2015

Top Pulls of 2014: #2

Card:
2007 Topps Triple Threads #TTR-145 Ozzie Smith Pants/Cleats/Jersey Relics Emerald Parallel (18/18)

From: Hobby Box

Why I Like It:
This summer I was fortunate enough to make some fairly big money selling a couple of rare video games I had purchased as an investment. Normally, I wouldn't buy a product like Triple Threads, but the PayPal funds were just sitting there and I wanted to take a gamble. I most certainly lost on the box as a whole, getting a Jason Botts as my auto, but non-autographed cards don't come too much better than this. Ozzie was the man, appreciated more for his defense than his hitting. A cleat relic is pretty cool, and I can attest that it has a rougher feel than the other two pieces. Let's just all agree that he did a backflip while wearing at least one of these items, okay?

No comments: