Monday, August 24, 2015

Insert Group Break is Open!!!

How does 2,000 inserts sound to you?

The 1990s were the decade of the insert card, and we're going to go nuts on inserts in this group break. I recently acquired a massive lot of more than 2,000 baseball insert cards from the 1990s and beyond, and I want to spread the joy.


Here's a picture of a portion of this lot. Not too much is revealed, but it should give you all a sense of what to expect.


For this group break, your first team will cost you $13.00, with additional teams going for $12 apiece. Please claim you team(s) of choice in the comments, then promptly pay via PayPal to: bill13boehm@yahoo.com

Also, please include your mailing address, team(s) chosen, and screen name as a note with your PayPal payment. It will make the shipping process go much faster that way.
Out of respect for all participants, I'm going to have to say that you cannot claim a team and promise to pay a few days later. Payment must be sent immediately.

One more thing. Since I'm expecting there to be several instances of players from more than one team showing up on a card, I'm going to handle it this way: I'll randomize all of the teams, and that will be the order of preference. Whichever team appears highest on the list will get the card. However, to balance things out, I'll be keeping track of how many multi-team cards a team has received. For example, if there's a Yankees/Red Sox card, and my list shows that the Yankees have received two cards in this fashion, and the Red Sox have received only one, the card will go to the Red Sox. Capisce?

TEAMS
1. Angels - BS (paid)
2. Astros -
3. Athletics -
4. Rangers -
5. Mariners - The Junior Junkie (paid)
6. White Sox - Dan (paid)
7. Indians - BS (paid)
8. Royals -
9. Twins - BS (paid)
10. Tigers -
11. Red Sox - shoeboxlegends (paid)
12. Yankees - Shelton of Swat (paid)
13. Blue Jays - BS (paid)
14. Orioles - Ryan H. (paid)
15. Rays -
16. Cubs - Greg (paid)
17. Cardinals - madding (paid)
18. Brewers - Thorzul
19. Pirates -
20. Reds -
21. Padres -
22. Diamondbacks -
23. Dodgers - Greg (paid)
24. Giants -
25. Rockies -
26. Braves - Community Gum (paid)
27. Nationals/Expos -
28. Mets - shoeboxlegends (paid)
29. Phillies - Dan (paid)
30. Marlins -

13 comments:

Shelton of Swat said...

I'll take the Yankees.

Jason B. said...

Astros!!!

Greg said...

I'll take the Cubs and Dodgers.

Dan said...

Phillies and White Sox, please

shoeboxlegends said...

Mets and Red Sox please! Payment on the way...

Chris Harris said...

HEH-HEH, YEAH! GIMMIE THE LAST THREE TEAMS AVAILABLE. I DON'T CARE WHO IS LEFT, I'LL BUY THEM; JUST AS LONG AS THEY AREN'T THE DEVIL RAYS OR THE DIAMONDBACKS.

FYI: IT'S PROBABLY NOT A GOOD IDEA TO SELL THE D'RAYS OR THE D'BACKS IN A 90S BREAK.

Community Gum said...

I'll take a flyer on the Braves!
Looking forward to it.

The Junior Junkie said...

Mariners, please!

Ryan H said...

I'll take the Orioles. Payment on the way.

Anonymous said...

I'm interested in taking the Angels, Blue Jays, Twins and Indians. Payment is on the way as quick as I am able. Thanks!

BS

madding said...

It was a rough decade for the Cardinals, but put me down for them anyway.

Greg said...

Any update on this?

shoeboxlegends said...

Any idea when this will be going on?