Saturday, November 21, 2015

Trade Me Anything IX #1

Hello, dear readers. A lot has happened since Trade Me Anything went live this year, not the least of which was the birth of my third child, a boy, just a week ago today. In the meantime, some of the trades have started rolling in, but I have only now gotten the time to write a proper post. I have to say, getting started was a bit daunting, based on the sheer volume of the first package to arrive. A huge box from Shane from Shoebox Legends showed up on my doorstep, and I have to say he took the meaning of "anything" to a whole new level. If you have an hour or so a free time, come join me as I run down the contents of this massive trade.

Giving:
#EIH-10 Roger Clemens Etched in History Bronze Medallion


Getting:
Nirvana Live Tonight! Sold Out!! VHS
Have never seen this, looking forward to it.

The Day After Tomorrow DVD
This looks like a special edition that will replace the standard edition already in my collection.

The Big Lebowski DVD
Got it.

South Park Season 2 DVD
Never bought any of these season sets, but have often been tempted to start. This may kick off a collecting frenzy.

Noam Chomsky DVD
Time is precious, so I'm probably not going to watch this. He'd be preaching to the choir, anyways.

South Park Season 4 DVD
Interesting... now I have a few season gaps to fill. Honestly, I haven't watched much of the show since the first season when this dude in my dorm told be I should check it out. I hear the commentary is as scathing as ever, though.

Dallas Cowgirl 5x7" Cards
Okay then.

Random Card Lots
Lots of stuff here, some good, some weird.

Set of 18 Red Sox Photo Cards
In retrospect, I should have put the Oil Can Boyd card on the top.

Road to Perdition DVD
This will not replace my widescreen edition. Full frame is for suckas and your mom!

Arrested Development Season 2 DVD
Already have this season, albeit in a slimmer keep case.

Weeds Season 1 DVD
Already have this on Blu-ray. I really ought to finish watching the series. I think I stopped watching after season 4.

The Perfect Storm DVD
Already have this exact DVD. Great movie, though ruined the first time I saw it by some asshole in the theatre who spilled his soda all over my mom.

Family Guy Volume 1 DVD
A show I just never got into. Maybe too mean-spirited for my tastes?

Family Guy Volume 5 DVD

Soundgarden Superunknown CD
Already have this, but it's good to have a backup.

R.E.M. New Adventures in Hi-Fi CD
A band I just never got into. Might give this a listen.

Third Eye Blind Eponymous CD
In college I stopped buying current music, so this one escaped me.

The Beatles White Album CD
As is my birthright, I already own this. This shall be handed down to one of my heirs.

Packs of Cards
Not curious enough about Stadium Club hockey to open these. Perhaps they'll make it into a PTT pile.

Chipz!
So some of these are magnetic? Huh, never knew that.

Stadium Club Charter Member Keychain
Easily my favorite thing in the box. Although I hate bulk when it comes to items I keep in my pocket, I'm tempted to add this to my keyring.

Darryl Strawberry Starting Lineup
Now I have the urge to set this up in the door to the laundry chute and pepper it with BB gun fire.

Hobby Magazines
Very intrigued by the hockey Beckett. This might get shuttled into a prime bathroom reading spot.

Stack of '70s Topps
Mostly '78 and '79. A few nice additions were in here, plus some condition upgrades.

Dog Day Afternoon DVD
I have seen this one, but have never owned it. God bless the discontinued snap case. I still have a soft spot in my heart for those.


Wow, thanks for all the stuff, Shane! I was sort of pissed that this card took the place of one of the hits in my box, but your trade more than makes up for it.

5 comments:

Jordan said...

For the record, New Adventures in Hi-Fi is an amazing album, and is worth at least a listen. REM is kinda tough to get into, but that's probably one of their most easily-accessible ones, and probably one of their last good ones.

shoeboxlegends said...

No problem, thanks for running the Trade Me Anything series again this year. Congrats on the new addition to your family as well!

P-town Tom said...

Trade me anything is one of my favorite blogosphere series to read each year. We're certainly off to a good start this time around!

Bo said...

Congrats on the baby! I had that Strawberry figure when I was a kid.

The Junior Junkie said...

I want that keychain! I'll send you something nice...

We had a garage sale yesterday (on Griffey's birthday) to try and get rid of stuff and make baby room. Lots of tough calls...