Thursday, December 24, 2015

2015 Card-vent Calendar: December 24

December 24, 2015:
1998 Fleer Ultra #324G Pedro Martinez Gold Medallion Edition

Pedro. Getting his stretch on. Kind of an unusual subject for a baseball card, but that's what makes them fun, right? In fact, his pose reminds me of one of the iconic images from my adolescence.

Pedro's not a cute as Vendela, and the thong he's wearing is out of view, but I can tell from his look of concentration that, while he's physically on a spring training infield somewhere in Florida, mentally, he's on a beach in Polynesia, waves lapping at his tanned, relaxed body as he frolics in sand that's impossibly white.

Well, that brings us just about to the end of Card-vent 2015. I hope you've had as much fun reading it this year as I've had sharing it with you.

Merry Christmas, and tomorrow... a savior.