Saturday, December 5, 2015

2015 Card-vent Calendar: December 5

December 5, 2015:
1970 Topps #198 Mets Celebrate

It's been a little more than a month since the World Series, which featured the Kansas City Royals and the New York Mets, ended. We almost got a card like this in 2016 Topps, but not quite. And if we had, I doubt there would have been as much chest hair as is featured on this card. Or as much nipple.

This gets me wondering: Was this the first Topps baseball card to slip a nip? Or was there an earlier predecessor which paved the way for the landmark 1991 Score Dream Team Kirby Puckett card? Now I'm sure there were pictures of bare chested strongmen and such on early tobacco cards, but I'm talking about Topps baseball proper, beginning in 1952. I'd love to be proven wrong in the comments section of this post.

1 comment:

Cricket Betting Tips said...

Its like you read my mind! You seem to know so much about this, like you wrote the book in it or something. I think that you could do with some pics to drive the message home a bit, but other than that, this is great blog. A great read. Golf Swing Tips