Sunday, January 3, 2016

Top Pulls of 2015: #5

The time has come to show off some of the best cards I've pulled from packs over the course of the past year. One thing that I've noticed about my card collecting, which will certainly be reflected by this year's feature, is how I've drifted farther away from collecting baseball more than ever. Other pursuits, like soccer and wrestling, have become more important to me, and baseball has fallen by the wayside for the time being. Combine this with my observation that baseball cards are actually less collectable than ever, and we are left with a significant shift in my collecting. Reflecting this new trend, there are actually no baseball cards in this year's top 5, although the first one you get to see is from a baseball set.

Card: 2013 Topps Allen & Ginter #NBR-BBW Bobby Bowden Relic

From: Blaster Box

Why I Like It:
Retail purchases have left me fairly cold in recent years. In fact, it's been a while since I've gotten anything of note at Target. This year, though, I had a knack for finding $12.99 A&G blasters from previous years (heretofore referred to as "DISCOUNTED TANG"). It's always fun to pull something that's not your run-of-the-mill backup catcher relic. Bowden was a legend in his sport, and I've never really held anything against those Florida colleges that cheat to get ahead. They're just trying to keep up with everyone else in their conferences. Bobby could always be counted on for a good quote, and on one of those news shows (60 Minutes or 20/20, I don't remember) he taught me about the practice of dropping a few peanuts into your orange soda.

1 comment:

Fuji said...

I want some discount A&G blasters! I don't think my Target even has regular priced A&G. Congratulatons on pulling the Bowden.