Sunday, February 21, 2016

Completion! (World Cup Edition)

A couple of weeks ago I hinted that I found some collecting white whales that have eluded me for quite some time. The use of that term might be a bit extreme here, since the cards I found are sometimes available, just not at the right price or in the right form. I'll explain that later. First, let's see what I got.

Roberto Baggio Hot Shots

Russell Maryland Honorary Captains


Yes, these were the last two insert cards I needed to finish the 1994 Upper Deck World Cup (English/Spanish) set. I found a seller auctioning off small lots of inserts from the set, and she happened to have exactly what I needed without having to buy too much extra. (I actually ended up with another Captains card and a Hot Shot.) The price for the Baggio lot was way lower than what I had previously seen for his single, so that was nice. The Maryland is currently available elsewhere, but it has an in-person autograph on it. Not necessary, or even acceptable, for my set.

There's still another insert set I might end up chasing (Bora's Fantasy Team), but I think I've got everything else, even a couple of the instant winner redemption cards that are now long-expired. Some day I'll show the whole thing off.

2 comments:

Akhadiwi Rajie said...

An interesting discussion is worth comment. I think that you should write more on this topic, it might not be a taboo subject but generally people are not enough to speak on such topics. To the next. Cheers
Ffcohio.org
Sourceforge.net
Impression5.org

Diara Dominy said...

An impressive share, I just given this onto a colleague who was doing a little analysis on this. And he in fact bought me breakfast because I found it for him.. smile. So let me reword that: Thnx for the treat! But yeah Thnkx for spending the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love reading more on this topic. If possible, as you become expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more details? It is highly helpful for me. Big thumb up for this blog post! Betsport.asia UMidsummer.co.uk Iymsportsradio.com