Sunday, February 7, 2016

Top Pulls of 2015: #1

Last year I totally fouled up on closing out this annual feature by forgetting to reveal my best pull until it was July or something. I didn't finish before January this year, but at least I'll beat the Super Bowl coin flip, which I'm sure will be marred by controversy. (Standing on edge, perhaps?)
By the way, bet BIG on Carolina to cover. It ain't even gonna be close.

Card:
2014 Panini Prizm World Cup #S-AR Arjen Robben AUTO

From: Hobby Box

Why I Like It:
The thrill of a non-guaranteed autograph is one of the rarest pleasures of this hobby. Back when the World Cup was in full swing in 2014, I bought two boxes of Prizm. No autos. I still enjoyed the product enough to take another crack at a box the following year. Robben is in sort of the mid-to-lower tier of guys you'd want to pull in this set, but I was still pretty happy with this. To me, he's almost German by association, having achieved so much of his success with Bayern Munich. His cutback to his thunderous left foot is an awesome sight to behold. Everyone knows it's coming once he gets near the right side of the box, but they can rarely do anything about it.

Will I buy another box of this in 2016? Perhaps, and I hope I can get lucky again.

1 comment:

Akhadiwi Rajie said...

Very nice post, i certainly love this website, keep on it
Aggie100.com
Umuziwabantu.gov.za
Johnhurstlaw.com