Sunday, March 13, 2016

Completion! (Stale Gum-Assisted Edition)

Last week there was a box waiting on the ground under my mailbox. The return address was boldly marked, "HEH-HEH, YEEEAAAAAHHHHHH!!!" I knew instantly it was from Stale Gum's own Chris Harris. Let's see what he sent.

First, a card that eluded me for over two years.
2013 Topps Update Series #US238 Eric Young, Jr.

It's so awesome when the guy on the card you need to finish a set looks like the way you feel when you finish that set. Young looks to be in some sort of game-winning situation here. I, too, would slam my helmet down on home plate if I was the sort of guy who wore a helmet around the house.

HEH-HEH, COMPLEEEEEEEEEEETE!

Dat handwriting, tho.

There were a few nice extras, too.
2015 Topps Carlos Gomez Career High Relic

Some Excellent Brewers

You can never really have too many of that '79 Yount. I have two of these Bill Hall cards as well. Only 997 to go until I have them all.

A Bunch of 1993 Topps Gold Cards I Needed
(Actually, these are the ones that were left after I took all of the needed ones out. I'm building quite the collection of doubles for this set, so if you're as foolhardy as me to try to finish this parallel set, let me know if you need some help.)


Thanks, Chris! Always appreciated!

3 comments:

Chris Harris said...

HEH-HEH, YEAH!

Akhadiwi Rajie said...

Spot on with this write-up, I truly think this website needs much more consideration. I’ll probably be again to read much more, thanks for that info.
Rgcshows.com
Open-sankore.org
Union.ic.ac.uk

Diara Dominy said...

Youre so cool! I dont suppose Ive read anything like this before. So nice to find somebody with some original thoughts on this subject. realy thank you for starting this up. this website is something that is needed on the web, someone with a little originality. useful job for bringing something new to the internet! Macha-hockey.org Lafemmeprivee.com Formatcg.com