Saturday, December 3, 2016

2016 Card-vent Calendar: December 2

December 2, 2016:
1993 Donruss Triple Play Gallery of Stars #GS-10 David Nied

Sometimes, George Perez really nails it. This was not one of those times. This is what I would expect my portrait to look like if it was being done at the same time as my turn-and-cough examination.
Fortunately for Nied, they are fully descended, and they are operational.

This card reminds me a lot of the sarcastic smile meme guy. Not sure of the official name, but it gives me an idea. A baseball card company should do a set based on popular internet memes.
Think of the possibilities:
-Brian McCann as Overly Attached Girlfriend
-Tim Lincecum as Super High Guy
-Any of the St. Louis Cardinals as Scumbag Steve

Yes, I'm already a day behind on this year's calendar. Feel free to add your suggestions for 2017 Topps MEME. While you're at it, I'll try to put together another post for tonight.

No comments: