Sunday, December 4, 2016

2016 Card-vent Calendar: December 4

December 4, 2016:
1999 Team Best #50 Felipe Lopez

You guys make your Christmas lists yet? If you have, it might be time to put that Erasermate to use and revise it to include some vintage Stompers. And no, this has nothing to do with Lopez's minor league team depicted on this card, the St. Catherine's Stompers. I'm talking about those battery-operated trucks from the early 1980s. What they lacked in speed, they made up for in tenacity. You could turn one on and it could practically climb a 90-degree incline up a couch. Back in the day, I can remember playing with these with my dad's friend's kids. They lived too far away for me to officially consider my friends, but we bonded over the mutual desire to drive Stompers through the Ewok village. Watch your ass, Chief Chirpa!

No comments: