Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Top Pulls of 2016: #2

Card: 2014 Topps MLS Chrome #22 Kyle Beckerman Cyan Printing Plate AUTO (1/1)

From: Hobby Box

Why I Like It:
While I'm not too sure about that sticker auto (or why this would need to go on a printing plate, or why only some of them would get a sticker auto), Beckerman, dreads notwithstanding, seems like a solid dude. He plays that holding midfielder position that is very hard to fill at the national team level, and while his play isn't spectacular, he avoids the precipitous valleys which plague so many USMNT defenders. (Maybe that's selective memory on my part.) I always like the effort he gives, and although he's on a Western Conference team (and thus battles for a playoff spot with my Timbers). It was a thrill opening this case of MLS Chrome this summer, and I think this was the hit of that case.

One more card to show. What do you think it might be???

No comments: