Sunday, March 12, 2017

Trade Me Anything X #6

I'm guessing this will be the final TMA X post. Reader Justin made a request in February, and I'm just getting to this now. Long-form storytelling is my forte, though this is redefining the term to suit my proclivities.

Giving:
First Pitch Jake Gyllenhaal, Brady Kahle, and Craig Sager

Sager was the man. The world is worse off without him.

Getting:
A bunch of 2003 Topps League Leaders cards

This was one of those, "Are these from my want list?" times. Yes, they indeed were. I think I accumulated the majority of the set in a bulk lot several years ago, and whoever the previous owner was cherry picked the stars out of it. Bastard! Thanks, Justin, for filling in a big hole in my set. Those are some pretty outstanding groupings, looking back 14 years now. The backs of the cards list the top 10 for each category, and not a single Brewer made the list. Not surprising, 2002 was the rock-bottom Royster-led year, 61-101. Never again, please.

1 comment:

Zpop said...

I'm totally still sending my trade me anything. Sometime. I've figured out where some of the stuff I want to send is after our move. It's coming, really.